During the next month we have access to two new databases. Please check them out and let us know what you think about them!
Global Issues in Context offers global perspectives on issues of international importance and current world events and topics in the news related to these issues. It includes a variety of sources and media formats:
- Overviews summarizing background information, historical context, contemporary stances, and the impact of each of the issues and news events featured.
- Expert Perspectives analyzing an issue or event through multiple aspects, for example, cultural, religious, political, social, economic, scientific or health related.
- Reference documents providing background information on all issues and nations.
- Full-text international Magazines, Academic Journals, and News Sources.
- Primary Sources, such as legislation and court proceedings
- Statistics, including interactive graphs, tables, and charts
- Such Multimedia elements as images, podcasts, and audio
- Links to Web sites, including government sites and organizations
GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources) is similar to the above, but focuses on the academic study of sustainability and the environment. Designed as a one-stop site, this resource provides news, video, primary source documents and more in highly accessible research areas covering relevant categories such as energy systems, healthcare, food and others. You can explore the data in issue, organization and country portals. Includes interactive maps, multimedia, and customizable news.
These trials will end in md-August, 2009. Please send any comments to email@example.com.