The University of Toledo has access to the SPIE Digital Library, an interdisciplinary science database useful to many fields at UT that deal with light or optics in any configuration.
At this time, access is available for on-campus use only. Update 3/28/2011: Off-campus access now available.
The Digital Library includes:
- Over 275,000 articles from 1990 to the present
- 6,000 volumes of SPIE Proceedings
- The following SPIE Journals:
- Journal of Applied Remote Sensing
- Journal of Biomedical Optics
- Journal of Electronic Imaging
- Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS (JM3)
- Journal of Nanophotonics
- Optical Engineering
- SPIE Reviews (open access)
- SPIE Letters Virtual Journal (open access)
- Journal of Photonics for Energy (open access)
For more information about the SPIE Digital Library, see this Quick Start Guide.
SPIE is a not-for-profit international optics and photonics scholarly society advancing light-based research. SPIE acts as a catalyst for collaboration among technical disciplines for information exchange, continuing education, publishing opportunities, patent precedent, and career and professional growth. SPIE focuses on:
- Biomedical Optics
- Defense and Security
- Lighting and Energy
- Sensor Technologies
We intend to feature other electronic resources like this occasionally to alert our students, faculty, and researchers to what is available from your University Libraries.